Monday, December 7, 2009

Look what I found!!




WOW!! Now, that was a loooooooooooooong time ago! Seriously, it was at least six years ago and I'm sure maybe seven! Woah!! SO MUCH has happened since that "time" in our lives. It's crazy where life has taken us since then...where God has taken us since then. And quite honestly, I NEVER thought that we would be where we are right now (i.e. married with 2 beautiful kids in MS). Yeah, yeah, yeah, Laini says she never wanted this whole picture but that's a bunch of MESS and she knows it! haha! I was most definitely the sister that NEVER wanted kids, mess, I NEVER wanted to get married!! I had way too much to do--to accomplish! Well you know that old phrase "Never say never." Yeah, that one pretty much came back to bite me in the rear. hehe :) And even though we didn't start this union the right way, I really believe we've made decisions that have brought us back into the path where God is leading us and let me tell ya that is what is the GREATEST!!! No, we are NOT perfect by ANY means--we DON'T make all the right decisions, but I do believe with all my heart that because of the path we chose after our initial "failure" that God has truly blessed us and continues to bless us even though we so don't deserve any of it!

Adam and I have two beautiful, smart and healthy children that I have been so blessed to be at home with as they grow instead of missing all of their little bits of growing up because of work. It most definitely has not been easy to make that choice to stay home and I do have to remind myself why I'm making that decision almost every day, but I wouldn't change it for anything in this world! I've just been so blessed. Oh yes, there are days that I just want to scream...days that I'd really like to be at an outside job so I could actually have "me" time...some days even that I think why in the world didn't God give me a second chance when I know people who went WAY further than I ever did and they're still a goin with no major consequences or others that have families now too but can go out and buy whatever they want for their kids or take them places, etc. Then I catch myself and think, "How dare you?!" There is no comparison of sin...no level...sin is SIN!! And I have an AMAZING life that so many would give up so much to have. Even though I know that God would have still rather I not made the decisions that deserved my "consequences," He made something so beautiful out of something so ugly!

Adam and I recently (Sunday actually) celebrated our six year anniversary. It has been most definitely an interesting, many times DIFFICULT, six years. But I can honestly say that I love him more today than I did even the day we exchanged our vows, and THAT is how it should be...in my opinion. Now that doesn't mean he never drives me absolutely NUTS or me him, but I so appreciate the man he is still becoming and the amazing father that he is to our children. And again I say that I am SO BLESSED!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment