Saturday, December 26, 2009

Another good one!


Another Christmas has come and gone. It went by so fast it seemed. This year our plans ended up being a bit scattered...at last minute we ended up at Adam's parents' in Brandon on the 23rd then as usual at my parents' on Christmas Eve. It was for the most part the same routine except for a few specific things...lil Jerry is overseas & Grandaddy in heaven. We did, however, get to spend almost 2 hours "with" Jerry via skype which was good. In the past few weeks especially I've been missing my brother and anxiously awaiting his return which turns out will be sooner than I had originally thought! :) I've kinda done pretty well emotionally as far as Grandaddy being "gone" is concerned. It really didn't "hit" me until we were opening presents. When I opened the gift bag from with the usual envelope my grandparents & it was signed "Love Gramma." Not Gramma and Grandaddy...just "Love Gramma." And we didn't get done w/ Santa Clause real quick in order to get dressed & ready to head to Union Christmas morning so we could visit & be ready for Christmas dinner at the prompt hour of 11:00 a.m. And like Laini has already said we didn't get our "Chrima Joy, Chrima Joy" from that old familiar voice that always brought a smile to your face.


Regardless, it was another good year with some extra special "homemade" gifts that dad & I agree need to be apart of our tradition from now on. Those "homemade" things seem to be so much more special & neat! And I don't know about everyone else but I had a ton of fun getting them ready & "creating" them! :)

(Thanks Annie again for all of your help & encouragement!)


I hope that each of you had a very Merry CHRISTmas & a blessed New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment