Friday, August 13, 2010

I'm baaaaack...

Well, it's been quite a while since my last post. I was just reading through that last one and thought, "Wow. I sounded motivated." haha :) You wanna know how long that lasted? Actually, I'm happy to report I did very well in the spring with that new found motivation. I started a new morning routine after getting Landry off to school and from mid-February to May I lost about 15 lbs and was feeling so great! I even ran my first 5k in April! It was so much fun!! :) We even finally got to take a little trip back to the beach when school got out, and I felt so good & COMFORTABLE walkin around & playin in the ocean in my swimsuit. It was such a nice change!
But...yep, you knew there was a but coming huh...when we got back from the beach and the next week I had gym camp ALL WEEK from 8-5:30 my motivation quickly wore out because I was worn out! Plus, with no school & no gym classes for the summer we didn't exactly have a "regular" schedule. So unfortunately, I allowed myself to get out of my routine. Thankfully, even though by the end of the summer I felt like I had gained back every bit of the weight I had lost I had only gained 3 lbs but still! The inches are what felt worse. I was very glad last week when school days started up again & this week we started gym classes so I could get back on track w/ my routine. Hopefully, I can discipline myself even more so that when "breaks" come I'll continue w/ my routine & stay committed. Because something that I definitely learned in the spring is that I need to do this for my family-my children...I need to stay healthy for them because they depend on me! So even though it is about me feeling good again (& feeling like I look good) it's about being what I need to be for those I love! Yay for my motivation back! :) I am excited to report that I will be running another 5k tomorrow morning. Wish me luck because I haven't been running much. haha
I'm glad to be back on the keyboard again so hopefully you'll be reading much more about Coach Hudd & our mini-me's.

No comments:

Post a Comment